For your garden to flourish and do well it needs regular maintenance season after season. And pruning is one of the many methods you can apply to maintain your garden. It requires you to equip yourself with a little tool that is lightweight and easy to handle like a garden shear. Garden shears are so many in the industry today that getting the best demands a lot of research. However, we want to make your life as simple as possible. That is why we have gone an extra mile to compile the following top 10 best garden shears in 2018 reviews. These reviews entail high-quality shears with sharp blades, ergonomic handles, and the ones that cut slicing time by half. Read on to find out more about these products.
- Table Of The Top 10 Best Garden Shears Reviews
- 10. Fiskars Bypass Pruning Shears
- 9. Gonnic Bypass Pruning Shears (GPPS-1003)
- 8. Gonnic Bypass Pruning Shears (GPPS-1002)
- 7. Fiskars 9191 Hedge Shears
- 6. Gilmour Basic Hedge Shears
- 5. Corona ClassicCut Grass Shear
- 4. Utopia Home Hedge Shears
- 3. Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Strip
- 2. Housolution Pruning Shears
- 1. Fiskars Extendable Hedge Shear (9169)
- Related Posts
Table Of The Top 10 Best Garden Shears Reviews
10. Fiskars Bypass Pruning Shears
The Fiskars Bypass Pruning Shears is ideal for various general pruning jobs like trimming and shaping among others. It is equipped with a self-cleaning sap groove that keeps the blade from sticking so it cuts smoothly and easily. The bypass blade design cuts on stems and branches up to 5/8-inch thick. It has an all-steel construction to ensure durability for long-term use. And it is very easy to use; thanks to the non-slip handle that promotes a comfortable grip.
- Easy-open lock: Protects the blade during transport and storage
- Low-friction coating: Helps the blade to glide effortlessly through the wood
- Fully-hardened blade: Stays sharp even with the frequent heavy use
9. Gonnic Bypass Pruning Shears (GPPS-1003)
Cut up to 3/4-inch diameter size tree branches using the Gonnic 8-Inch Bypass Pruning Shears. This tool is lightweight for easy and comfortable operation. It has a sharp blade with ultra-fine polishing technology to offer excellent performance without rusting. Additionally, the body and handle of this tool are drops forged to offer long-lasting performance even on heavy-duty tasks.
- Premium titanium steel construction: Ensures high durability for long-term use
- Sap groove design: Keeps the pruning shears from sticking by channeling off the sap
- Ergonomic handles: Offer slip-resistance and comfortable grip
8. Gonnic Bypass Pruning Shears (GPPS-1002)
Every gardener needs a decent pair of shears like the Gonnic Bypass Pruning Shears (GPPS-1002). It is robust and nimble with a lightweight design to help you tackle every task; light and heavy effortlessly. The blade is very sharp with ultra-fine polishing technology that promotes long-lasting performance. It is high-quality and lightweight for easy operation. And it is good for use on tree branches of 3/4-inch diameter size.
- High-carbon steel blade: Stays sharp longer without rusting
- Sap groove design: Prevents pruning shears from sticking
- Ergonomic handle: Offers slip-resistant and comfortable grip
7. Fiskars 9191 Hedge Shears
Constructed with a power-lever mechanism, the Fiskars 9191 Shears magnifies leverage to make cutting 2 times easier. Therefore, it is ideal for heavy-duty tasks that require extra strength. The blade has a self-sharpening design that will see your shears sharp for as long as you have it. The shears look very nice and easy to operate for optimal performance around the garden.
- Cushioned handle: Provides shock-absorbing bumper for comfort
- Hardened steel blade: Resists corrosion and stays sharp longer
- Serrated blades: Grip and hold branches for a clean cut
6. Gilmour Basic Hedge Shears
With strong oval aluminum handles, the Gilmour Basic Hedge Shears offers ultimate strength for quick and effortless slicing. It boasts an innovative design that makes cutting easier compared to single pivot shears. The blade is 8 inches long, making it easy to use for cutting small to medium sized branches with precision. Moreover, the tool is lightweight so it is easy to use for a wide area without fatigue.
- Serrated and bottom notched blade: Provides effortless cutting experience
- Cushioned handle: Offers shock-absorbing bumpers for comfort
- Non-stick coated blade: Ensures rust-resistance and self-cleaning performance
5. Corona ClassicCut Grass Shear
Get professional scissors cutting action when you use the Corona ClassicCut Grass Shear. It is designed for professional-grade applications; therefore, rest assured it has splendid slicing performance. The tool is specifically designed for 4 1/2-inch diameter size branches; hence it is suitable for ground cover, trimming grass and small hedges. Besides, it comes with a lifetime warranty so you can buy with confidence.
- Resharpenable, forged steel alloy blades: Ensures extra durability and longevity
- Vinyl coating on the handle: Promotes comfortable grip and easy operation
- Fully-heat treated design: Offers additional strength for effortless slicing
4. Utopia Home Hedge Shears
Remove unwanted brushes and keep unruly shrubs in check using the Utopia Home Hedge Shears. It has a lightweight design that makes it ideal for shaping and trimming hedges with much ease. The high-quality blade increases cutting power while reducing the effort required for quick performance. Additionally, the blades are protected from sap and rust to ensure they serve you well for several years.
- Elastic knob: Adjusts the blade by loosening or tightening depending on your needs
- Shock-guard bumper: Helps to reduce shoulder and arm fatigue to makes gardening a delight
- Carbon steel blade: Ensures smooth, clean, and precise cutting
3. Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Strip
If you have limited hand strength or suffering from arthritis, consider the Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Strip. The shears have been awarded Arthritis Foundation Ease-Of-Use commendation for a design that is easy to use. Thus, you can comfortably use it for trimming, shaping, deadheading, and other quick snips on small plants. Also, the blade is approximately 6 inches for maximum slicing performance.
- Spring-action design: Opens blades after each cut to reduce hand strength
- Soft-grip handle: Ensures a strong comfortable grip
- Stainless steel blades: Stays sharp longer even through tough use
2. Housolution Pruning Shears
The Housolution Pruning Shears is a must-have due to its professional sharpness and reliable performance. It requires less energy and effort hence will enable you to enjoy even the toughest pruning activities. The blades are heavy-duty and will stay sharp longer compared to other shears in the same category. As a result, you can use it for flower pruning, tree trimming, cutting live green plants as well as dead or dried-out plants.
- Safety details: Hide the blades during rest to allow for safe storage
- Ergonomic handle: Fits nicely and comfortably in the palm of your hands
- Curved blades: Ensure quick and clean cuts each time
1. Fiskars Extendable Hedge Shear (9169)
Equipped with durable steel handles, the Fiskars Extendable Hedge Shear (9169) feels good in the hands to give you maximum control and strength. Similarly, the handles extend and lock securely to make high and hard-to-reach cuts. The blade has a low-friction coating that makes it rust-resistant for easy cutting. Additionally, it is self-sharpening to ensure each cut is clean and crisp.
- 10-inch blade: Cuts all the way up to the tip
- Power-lever technology: Multiplies leverage to give you up to 2 times cutting power
- Serrated edge: Grips while cutting for clean performance
Buying the best garden shears is a good investment that will give you exceptional performance for several years to come. Most people prioritize the price of a product when shopping. However, when it comes to shears, considering the ease of use, sharp blades, and durable construction goes a long way. Therefore, choose wisely and stand a better chance at getting the best quality shear for all your gardening needs.