Research and biological inspection have been made easier and faster; thanks to the invention of USB microscopes. With a USB microscope, you can view images and videos through your computer or TV screen. Most of them are equipped with adjustable stands while others are handheld for better viewing. Also, they are versatile hence suitable for commercial and home use. Shopping for a USB microscope can be quite a challenge. This is owed to the numerous varieties that the industry has to offer. However, the following top 11 best USB microscope in 2018 reviews should give you an insight into the right microscope for all your needs.
- List of Best 11 USB Microscopes
- 11. Pluggable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
- 10. Jiusion USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
- 9. Jiusion WiFi USB Digital Microscope
- 8. Opti-Tekscope Digital USB Microscope (OT-HD)
- 7. Sunnywoo WiFi USB Digital Microscope
- 6. Celestrone 5MP Microscope Pro
- 5. Carson eFlex USB Digital Microscope
- 4. CISNO USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
- 3. Opti-TekScope Digital USB Microscope (OT-V1)
- 2. Koolertron 3.5″ USB Digital Microscope
- 1. Koolertron 4.3″ Digital USB Microscope
- Related Posts
List of Best 11 USB Microscopes
11. Pluggable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
The Pluggable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope is loaded with innovative features to allow you to work quickly and effectively at a microscopic level. It has a rugged plastic body that makes it ideal for use by professionals and amateurs alike. This tool can be used either with the included stand for lower magnifications, placed directly on the object for higher magnifications or handheld for quick point-and-click inspection.
- Built-in lighting: Enables you to illuminate your subject properly
- Flexible stand: Allows you to analyze the surface of objects at an angle
- Capacitive capture button: Lets you initiate image capture rather than a physical push button
10. Jiusion USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
Although small, the Jiusion USB 2.0 Digital Microscope is powerful enough to deliver effective results. It can be used by engineers, kids, inventors, students and many more. The microscope is compatible with Mac, Windows XP, and Linux. When connected to the devices, you can use the software to capture screenshots, record the micro world, and record a video.
- Built-in LED lights: Enables you to clearly have a view of the object
- Adjusting knob: Allows you to change the focus and the brightness of the microscope
- Compact design: Makes the microscope lightweight and easy to operate
9. Jiusion WiFi USB Digital Microscope
When you need to explore and magnify things like insects, jewelry, circuit board, or coins, use the Jiusion WiFi USB Digital Microscope. This unit is handheld so you can place it directly on the specimen to get higher magnifications. Moreover, it is compatible with Android phones, iPads IOS phones, Windows XP, 7, 8, 9 and Linux among others.
- Adjusting knob: Enables you to change the focus and brightness of the microscope
- Built-in 8pc LED lights: Allows you to illuminate the subject properly
- Carrying case: Lets you store the microscope when not in use
8. Opti-Tekscope Digital USB Microscope (OT-HD)
Examine skin and other tissue samples using the Opti-Tekscope Digital USB Microscope. It has a wide focal range of 5mm to 30mm to give you the freedom to examine objects and specimens as distantly as necessary. The microscope is lightweight for easy transportation and storage when not in use. Besides, it is very versatile to allow for wide applications including performing fine detail work on crafts and hobbies.
- 8 LED lights: Provide the perfect lighting conditions according to your needs
- Aluminum construction: Makes this microscope durable and sturdy for daily use
- Advanced CMOS: Offers high-definition resolution for you to view fine details
7. Sunnywoo WiFi USB Digital Microscope
The Sunnywoo WiFi USB Digital Microscope is ideal for examining flat objects such as coins, banknotes, and irregular shapes; thanks to the high in-depth of the field. It has a magnification of 40x to 1000x to give you a high-definition resolution on objects. This microscope feels solid and balances just as it should. It is easy to set up and to connect the USB to your digital devices for added convenience.
- 8 built-in LED lights: Allows you to adjust through a range of brightness to properly illuminate the subject
- Multi-compatible: Enables you to use the microscope with smartphones and computers
- Adjustable stand: Allows you to analyze objects from any angle
6. Celestrone 5MP Microscope Pro
This microscope is a great device that is easy to use for capturing photos and videos of your discoveries. At low magnification, it is ideal for viewing stamps, skin, plants, bugs, and many more. The microscope boasts micro-capture software that will allow you to create high-resolution images, VGA quality videos, and time-lapse animations. Furthermore, you can take accurate measurements and make notes on your specimens using the intuitive software included.
- True 5MP sensor: Captures and saves high-resolution images and videos of your specimen
- 4ft USB 2.0 cable: Allows for easy maneuverability when viewing large surfaces
- 20x to 120x magnifying powers: Provide for great low-power observation of 3D specimens
5. Carson eFlex USB Digital Microscope
If you want to get the best USB microscope without spending too much, consider the Carson eFlex USB Digital Microscope. While is easy to flex, the stand of this microscope sturdily stays in place to let you view your specimen uninterruptedly. The microscope is compatible with most smartphones and computers with Mac and Windows system. Additionally, it captures images and close-focus videos with the click of a button, no batteries required.
- Flexible neck stand with suction cup adapter: Attaches to any smooth surface with ease
- LED lighting knob: Lets you adjust the brightness of the light for the perfect illumination
- 75 x to300x magnifications: Allows users to see details of ordinary objects that are not possible with the naked eye
4. CISNO USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
Whether you are getting it for kids, hobbyists, or professionals, the CISNO USB 2.0 Digital Microscope allows the user to work quickly and effectively at a microscopic level. This unit is compatible with most devices so you can use it on computers running Windows or Linux. It works like a standard webcam to enable you to use it with the default webcam software on your computer.
- Built-in 8 SMD LEDs: Enable you to control the quality of images with the adjustment knob
- CMOS sensor: Allows you to save the view directly to your hard drive
- Multi-functional design: Lets you use the microscope for jewelry, textile, PCB and microbiological inspection
3. Opti-TekScope Digital USB Microscope (OT-V1)
Study insects and other living or preserved specimens using the Opti-TekScope Digital USB Microscope (OT-V1). It is compatible with Windows and Mac so you can view details live while connected to your computer. The microscope has a wide focal range of 5-30mm to give you the freedom of examining objects and specimens as closely as possible. Moreover, it is lightweight for easy use and storage when not in use.
- Aluminum construction: Makes this microscope durable for long-term use
- Adjustable lighting with 8 LEDs: Allows you to control the quality of the images
- CMOS sensor: Provides high-definition resolution so you can fully view fine details
2. Koolertron 3.5″ USB Digital Microscope
View all your observations without connecting your microscope to a PC when you use the Koolertron USB Digital Microscope. This unit is easy to operate and all the images and videos observed are saved directly into a microSD card. It is powered by a Li-ion rechargeable battery to give you 2 hours of uninterrupted operation. Furthermore, it comes with a USB and AV cable to allow you to connect the microscope to a PC monitor or screen for added convenience.
- LCD display: Enables you to observe the specimen without connecting the microscope to a PC
- Built-in LEDs with brightness adjustment: Allows you to set the desired level of illumination
- Measuring scale: Lets you take the measurements of the specimen under examination
1. Koolertron 4.3″ Digital USB Microscope
With the built-in 4.3-inch LCD display, the Koolertron 4.3″ Digital USB Microscope allows you to view images without necessarily connecting to a PC. It works on a rechargeable Li-ion battery that can go for up to 6 hours when fully charged. There is a measuring scale included in the microscope to help you measure the object under observation. Plus the microscope comes with a USB cable to help you connect it to a PC for you to transfer images and videos produced.
- Adjustable stand: Lets you view the specimen from all angles
- LED illumination with adjustment intensity: Allows you to set the desired level of illumination
- 64GB microSD card: Enables you to save images and videos observed
Finding the right USB microscope shouldn’t be a big deal, especially if you go through this article. We have included the most affordable microscopes with durable construction and innovative features to help you in studying and examining objects. All you need to do is compare each of the products above in order to narrow down to one or two that best suit your needs.