Archers are quickly turning their attention to recurve bows at the expense of longbows. This is because of the benefits recurve bows have over longbows. For instance, the shape of a recurve bow enables it to give more power and shoot arrows faster. Additionally, recurve bows are wider compared to longbows yet thinner in depth to make shots more precise. Plus there are more than a few recurve bows that can be used by both right and left-handed archers. Basically, they are easy to use and incredibly durable to give the professional performance. Here comes a list of the top 10 best recurve bows in 2019 to further break down this topic for you.
- List of 10 Best Recurve Bows
- 10. Kaimei 48Inch Takedown Recurve Bow
- 9. SinoArt Falcon 60” Takedown Recurve Bow
- 8. Southwest Archery 62” Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
- 7. Southwest Archery 64” XL Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
- 6. KESHES 60” Takedown Archery Target Recurve Bow
- 5. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
- 4. Toparchery 56” Takedown Hunting Bow
- 3. Crosman Archery Sentinel Recurve Bow
- 2. Southwest Archery Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
- 1. KESHES 62” Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow
- Benefits of a Recurve Bows
List of 10 Best Recurve Bows
10. Kaimei 48Inch Takedown Recurve Bow
When you buy this recurve bow, you get one piece of a bow, 8 pieces of glass fiber arrow, and 2 target paper. The bow features an ambidextrous design that makes it possible to be used by both right and left-handed shooters. Since its arrows are blunt and have no lethality, the whole package is great for buying as a gift or toy for your little one. With it, you or your young one will be able to achieve three adjustable weights from 14 – 16.5 pounds.
9. SinoArt Falcon 60” Takedown Recurve Bow
This hunting recurve bow is made for right-handed shooters, and this means it is perfect for many. It should be held in the left hand and the string pulled with the right hand. The recurve bow is high quality, considering that it is made of quality raw materials, which include metal riser. As such, expect it to give professional results on a consistent basis. In addition, the hard edges of the metal riser and the limb pockets have been rounded, so they can give a lightweight, sleeker, and more comfortable experience.
8. Southwest Archery 62” Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
The Southwest Archery Recurve Bow & Arrow Set is designed by engineers and developers of the Samick Sage. For this reason, it is beautiful, compact, accurate, and lightweight. It, therefore, has all the qualities that make a recurve bow the best. These qualities also make the set ideal for anyone who wants to learn comfortably and quickly. Besides, this bow can be used by both lefties and righties, and this makes it much more convenient. Plus it has a whopping draw weight that ranges from 20 pounds to 60 pounds with 5-pound increments.
7. Southwest Archery 64” XL Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
To prove to you that this recurve bow is premium quality, the Southwest Archery has backed this recurve bow and the arrow set with an industry leading warranty. Additionally, they have gone an extra mile to make sure the recurve bow can be used by both left- and right-handed people. The draw weight of this recurve bow varies from 30 pounds to 55 pounds with increments of 5 pounds. Besides, this recurve bow comes equipped with preinstalled threaded bushings for a variety of accessory upgrades like mechanical rests/plungers, quivers, sights, and stabilizers/bow fishing reels.
6. KESHES 60” Takedown Archery Target Recurve Bow
KESHES has included all the things you need in this bow set to help you get the best out of it. They have included an impressive round edge riser, wooden limbs, screws for attaching the limbs on the riser, 16-strand Dacron bowstring, and a stronger tool for safe and easy assembly. Basically, they have included everything that makes a recurve bow reliable and high performer. Unlike most brands, KESHES has equipped this recurve bow with an ergonomically designed riser to give it a comfortable grip.
5. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
We have included this recurve bow on this list because it is well built and very accurate. It features preinstalled brass bushings for quiver, brass, sight, stabilizer, and plunger. And this means you will have a convenient recurve bow that will give you exceptional results. The recommended maximum length for this bow is 29 inches, while its recommended brace height is 7-1/4” to 8-1/4”. Ideally, the limbs of this bow are made of hard maple and feature black fiberglass. If you are considering your options, this recurve bow should be a frontier for you.
4. Toparchery 56” Takedown Hunting Bow
The price of this takedown hunting bow is incredibly affordable. And we believe that this is enough to convince you to try it out. The hunting bow also boasts a high-strength casting aluminum riser that promises to overcome all the high demands of archery. Its maximum draw length is 30 inches, and this is just enough to let you get the perfect results. The bow also features a strong fiberglass limb that’s made of maple. It is designed for right-handed shooters and arrives super nicely polished for excellent performance.
3. Crosman Archery Sentinel Recurve Bow
Also, on our list is the Crosman Archery Sentinel Recurve Bow. And it’s here because it is made of the highest quality components. Moreover, we love the fact that its performance and quality have been tested to give you the confidence you deserve. The bow measures 45 inches from tip to tip and has a draw weight of 20 pounds. It also has an admirable maximum draw, which stands at 25 inches as well as a brace height, which is 8 inches. The bow is designed for right-handed shooters.
2. Southwest Archery Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
Second on our list is the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow from Southwest Archery. It comes with a 1-year warranty to give you peace of mind during purchase and use. Another feature of this bow is the stunning design, which has limbs made of hard maple. Furthermore, the limbs have a black fiberglass for enhanced performance. There is also a convenient 62-inch length that helps improve the shooting power and precision of the bow. In general, this takedown recurve bow is worth spending on, considering its performance.
1. KESHES 62” Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow
Our number one product is the KESHES 62” Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow. It is considered one of the best because it has a convenient size of 62 inches from tip to tip. As a result, it will help improve your performance in archery. We also like the fact that it comes with an eyesight feature to give you an excellent aim. What’s more, the riser of this recurve bow is ergonomically crafted and features rounded edges to give you a comfortable grip.
Benefits of a Recurve Bows
What benefits are you likely to get if you go for a recurve bow? In this section, we have discussed some of these benefits. So, stay put.
- Versatile: The first benefit of a recurve bow is versatility, which is as a result of changeable limbs. Well, when you change the limbs of a recurve bow, you change the characteristics of the bow but without altering the familiar hand feel. This, therefore, means you can use a recurve bow both for hunting and practice.
- Stable: Recurve bows are made with three separate pieces, and this makes them a little heavier than longbows. And with heavyweight, comes added stability. As a result, you will find recurve bows great for shooting in a crosswind. Furthermore, some recurve bows feature certain risers that accommodate an extra stabilizer, thereby, making bows perfect for those looking for a rock-solid shooting platform.
- Portable: Most conventional bows are large in order to generate the force needed to shoot as accurately and quickly. However, the large size makes them somewhat hard to move with from place to place. Fortunately, bulkiness is not part of a takedown recurve bow. And this is because it can be quickly disassembled for easy carry. This means you will not have problems carrying it to a competition or a hunting trip.
If you are an archer, a recurve bow should not go unnoticed. It has a lot of benefits and convenience, making it a must-have.
Whether you are a beginner or expert, a recurve bow is for you. It makes great hunting or practice gear because of its accuracy and ability to shoot arrows at an amazingly high speed. In this piece, we have talked about the best recurve bows with the hope that you will be able to find the best one without breaking a sweat.